newheader 11-2016

The Magistrate Court of DeKalb County, Georgia

English | Español    
  556 N. McDonough Street, DeKalb County Courthouse
Decatur, GA 30030-3356
Home Page Civil Issues Criminal Issues Misdemeanor Mental Health Court FAQs Contact

DeKalb County Magistrate Court Civil Issues


How do I get my record expunged?

return to FAQs page
The Clerk's office is not allowed to give legal advice on how to have a record expunged. You may make inquiries of the prosecuting agency (the Solicitor-General's office in State Court case) or the original arresting agency about expungement of arrest records. There are other legal remedies. Please seek the advice of an attorney. Generally, a defendant or the attorney is expected to contact the assistant solicitor (or his or her staff) to inform them of the request for a continuance and the reason for it and to find out whether they will be opposed to the continuance before the matter is presented to the judge. Requests for continuance are generally presented in writing, if time permits, or by contacting the judge’s secretary. Unless you are informed by the judge's staff that a continuance has been allowed, you must appear. Failure to appear may lead to revocation of any bond and the issuance of a bench warrant for your arrest and incarceration pending trial.

return to FAQs page

© The Magistrate Court of DeKalb County | All Rights Reserved Site Map  /  Disclaimer/Terms of Use
The Magistrate Court of DeKalb County, Georgia | 556 N. McDonough Street, Suite 270, DeKalb County Courthouse, Decatur, GA 30030-3356 | Phone: 404-371-2261
The Diversion Treatment Court of DeKalb County | 556 N. McDonough St. Room 1200D, DeKalb County Courthouse, DeKalb County Courthouse, Decatur, GA 30030 | Phone: 404-371-2241

Website Consultation, Website Design, and Search Engine Optimzation provided by WebXperts Design Inc. | 508 Compliance Consultation provided by