Suspicion of mental illness or formal diagnosis:
- The MMHC will accept an official diagnosis from a qualified mental health treatment provider
- In the absence of any mental health diagnosis, the MMHC will not accept the case and the case is returned to the trial court
- An order will be filed in the clerk’s file informing the court that the defendant does not qualify for MMHC
- Additional active, open and new cases in DeKalb or other jurisdictions may be cause for termination from the MMHC, unless waived by the Solicitor’s office.
Mental Health Diagnoses:
- Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder (Spectrum), Bipolar, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), etc.